Friday, September 10, 2010

[ SSPM ] 9/9/2010 Questions + introduction


Q1. 1st impression on social science on industrial ecology, how to relate with earlier experiences? And introduce my self with post card.
Social science is an other tool to see how industrial ecology work in human society. I expect in this perspective I can observe more detail interaction between the activities in this field. The tools would be mechanisms and frameworks, which are the knowledge that I seldom or never study before. I would try to read all the reference and pay attention on my understanding.

My previous background is Agriculture Chemistry, which is more related to chemistry and biology. I have also work in the ecological consultant firm. During the work period, I realized many decision causes lots of problems and conflicts in Taiwan. Such as there is no enough lands for the industrial development. Government take strongly the productive farm or high biodiversity area for industries. There are many mechanisms in social science to look at these issues. I expect I could explain them and try to give some alternative suggestions.

My postcard is a handsome chicken. I like this one because it is like a simple to tell societies to implement industrial ecology thoughts. I would like to be the one of this chicken with my classmates.

Q2. IE - inspired puzzles and three perspective explanations
Puzzles : I am always face the problems of Netherlands rail train was delayed 15 mins. I always think what is going on.
1. Weather : The season is fall. Too much leaves lay on the switch so it can not work well. (Or the snow can cause the same problem.)
2. Rush hour : Too many people are in the train so it takes more time for entering and leaving the train in the stations.
3. Machines : Some engine problems are in the train so it can not speed up. (Or any other mechanical problems.)
4. Human troubles : The driver's watch delayed for 15 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment